Master’s of Science in Economics at AUCA
Two-year full-time MSc program in Economics was launched in 2016 in cooperation with the Norwegian University of Life Sciences. Our Program satisfies the highest international standards of education and is similar in content to the Master’s programs of the best American and European economics departments.
The program is designed for students who wish to improve their knowledge of economic theory and its applications. It provides a technical and rigorous approach to the study of economic theory while offering students enough flexibility to take a number of electives in the department in order to tailor their programs of study to their professional goals.
The MSc program is ideal for anyone looking for a program which specializes in advanced applied economic research. The program offers an excellent opportunity for:
- Students seeking a rigorous training in economics to pursue employment in public-sector bodies and regulatory agencies; private sector financial, consultancy and related companies
- Students with an interest in economics who wish to develop their core knowledge of economics and learn from a wide range of elective courses
- Students who wish to pursue a PhD in Economics and want to take core training.
Why do an MSc in Economics at AUCA
- Training for competitive jobs in regulation, consulting, and finance
- Academic preparation for top international PhD programs
- Rigorous quantitative approach to economic problems
- Opportunity to spend a semester abroad (Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Trento University, Indiana University)
- Competitive merit-based scholarship available
- Research/Teaching assistantships available
Partnered with the Norwegian University of Life Sciences
The program has been developed in cooperation with the Norwegian University of Life Sciences, combining economic theory and its applications, providing a rigorous approach to the study of Economics. Courses are taught jointly by NMBU professors and highly qualified AUCA faculty with PhDs from Duke University, Central European University and University of Maryland.
Program at a glance:
- Diverse, internationally regarded faculty
- 22 months, full time
- Degrees recognized in the Kyrgyz Republic and the U.S.
- Opportunity to study while working (classes are conducted Mon-Fri 6.30 pm – 9.15 pm, Sat 9.25 am – 3.25 pm)
- Tuition fee for 2020-2021 is $4000 per year with merit-based scholarship available
AUCA recognizes MITx MicroMasters Program credential for credits
AUCA is the first university in Central Asia to grant DEDP MITx MicroMasters online learners credits that would count toward the completion of a full master’s degree at AUCA.
AUCA MSc in Economics Program will recognize course credits to their students who successfully complete the MITx MicroMasters Program in Data, Economics and Development Policy (DEDP) and the MITx MicroMasters Program in Statistics and Data Science. Such a collaboration with MIT will help AUCA’s Economics Department enhance teaching innovation and strengthen its curricula in the area of evidence-based development policy analysis and data science.
For questions and further information, contact us:
0312 915000 (ext.470)
Akylai Muktarbek kyzy, Director of AUCA MSc in Economics Program