BUILDING MINDS. BUILDING FUTURE
Firms, kinship and economic growth in the Kyrgyz Republic
AUCA recognizes MITx MicroMasters Program credential in Data, Economics and Development Policy for credits
Where do our graduates work?
Get your American accredited degree
AUCA Economics Department offers one of the best undergraduate and graduate programs in Central Asia, AUCA-Bard US and Kyrgyzstan accredited dual degree program
Why study Economics at AUCA?
Our students gain the quantitative and analytical skills demanded by employers and required for policy creation in international affairs and development.
Master of Science in Economics
Our two-year full-time MSc Program satisfies the highest international standards of education and is similar in content to the Master’s programs of the best American and European economics departments.
Our faculty is engaged in making empirical research in different areas. We opened Center for Environment and Development (CED AUCA).
News and Events
- FIRMS, KINSHIP AND ECONOMIC GROWTH IN THE KYRGYZ REPUBLIC – Public lecture on December 16th
- MSc in Econ students have an opportunity to take classes from 2019 Nobel Prize winners
- Faculty spotlight: Dr. Nurgul Ukueva was appointed to the position of Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Joint research conference of NMBU, AUCA, and KNAU
- Professor Extraordinarius from Poznan University of Economics and Business (PUEB, Poland) Agnieszka Poczta-Wajda conducted lectures at the Department of Economics at AUCA
- Center for Environment and Development presented its report on polluted air to the Parliament
American University of Central Asia
7/6 Aaly Tokombaev str., Bishkek
720060 Kyrgyz Republic
Tel.: +996 312 915 000 ext. 470
Join us in Facebook!
Prof.Kudabaev is well-established Professor at AUCA with long teaching and research track, and he also has a rich experience on serving for the public sector of Kyrgyzstan. Under his leadership as Chairman of the National Statistical Committee (NSC) of Kyrgyzstan (1997-2005) fundamental reforms of the statistical system of Kyrgyzstan were carried out, and also he was Head of the Department on Free Economic Zones FEZ) at the Apparatus of the Government of Kyrgyzstan (1995-1997) and as a such, he is known as one of the main founders of the most successful in Kyrgyzstan FEZ“Bishkek”.
Prof. Kudabaev has led many research project including large international programs and contributed many national policy initiatives. He is often invited by the Kyrgyz Government to consult or advice on the economic issues or policy initiatives. Prof. Kudabaev is author of several monographs and many papers published in the well-recognized international journals. His research interests are poverty and development, sustainable economic growth of Kyrgyzstan.
Assistant to BA in Economics and MSc in Economics Programs.